Republican Party of Lackawanna County Spring Lunch
Sunday, May 7, 2017
Noon to 2:00 p.m.
820 Northern Blvd.
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
Tickets are $35 per
No corporate contributions accepted. Contributions are not
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.
Paid for by the Republican Party of Lackawanna County
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Two (2) 500.00 SCHOLARSHIPS ARE BEING AWARDED TO TWO Female Seniors planning to attend college in the Fall.
Criteria: Student or a parent of the student must be a registered republican
Student must complete a 200 word essay
Student must provide signed copy of high school transcript
Student must provide a list of extra-curricular activities, community service organizations or other volunteer work involved in since 9th grade. Must indicate the high school
years beside each activity.
College or colleges to which one has been accepted
Student or parent's involvement in the Republican party
Interested female Seniors should visit their guidance counselors office as each Guidance Dept. in our Lackawanna County schools has received the application in early March.
POSTMARKED DEADLINE: April 15, 2017
One envelope with all information included must be mailed to:
367 BRUNDAGE RD.
FACTORYVILLE, Pa. 18419
The Executive Committee of the Republican Party of Lackawanna County will meet on Tuesday, April 18, 6:30 p.m. at the Ramada Inn in Clarks Summit for the purpose of interviewing candidates seeking the endorsement of the committee.
Interested County or Magisterial District Judge candidates should request an endorsement interview by emailing LackawannaGOP@gmail.com no later than Friday, April 14th.
Friday, February 10, 2017
Thinking about running for Magisterial District Judge in Lackawanna County?
Magisterial District Judges are elected by the citizens of the magisterial district in which they serve. The term of a District Judge is six years. In order to become a District Judge, individuals must possess the following qualifications:
1. 21 years of age
2. Resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
3. Resident of his/her magisterial district for a one-year period prior to election
4. Certified by the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts as successfully completing a rigorous training and education program administered by the Minor Judiciary Education Board or Attorney admitted to the Bar in Pennsylvania
There are SEVEN MDJs up this year:
· 45-1-01 which covers Moosic, Old Forge, Taylor
· 45-1-03 which covers Scranton Wards 11, 12, 19, 20, 24
· 45-1-05 which covers Scranton Wards 4, 5, 6, 14, 15, 21, 22
· 45-1-08 which covers Scranton Wards 1, 2, 3, 7, 13, 23 and Dunmore
· 45-3-02 which covers Clifton, Covington, Elmhurst, Jefferson, Madison, Moscow, Roaring Brook, Springbrook, and Thornhurst
· 45-3-04 which covers Archbald, Blakely, Jermyn, Jessup, and Mayfield
To get on the ballot, you must collect at least 100 signatures from the district. MDJ candidates can cross-file on both Republican and Democratic ballots. Petitions are available at Lackawanna County Voter Services, (570) 963-6737. Petition circulation runs February 14-March 7, 2017.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
At a recent meeting of the Republican Party of Pennsylvania, we elected a new Chairman and officers to serve the Republicans of the Commonwealth for the next four years. The officers elected were:
- Val DiGorgio, Chairman, Chester County
- Bernadette “Bernie” Comfort, Vice Chair, Lehigh County
- D. Raja, Treasurer, Allegheny County
- Andy Reilly, Secretary. Delaware County (re-elected)
- Peg Ferraro, Assistant Secretary, Northampton County (re-elected)
We also endorsed candidates for Judge. The following is the endorsed slate of Republican Statewide Judges:
- Justice Sallie Updyke Mundy, Tioga County
- Judge Emil A. Giordano, Northampton County
- Judge Wade A. Kagarise, Blair County
- Judge Paula A. Patrick, Philadelphia County
- Craig W. Stedman, Lancaster County
- Judge Christine Fizzano Cannon, Delaware County
- Paul N. Lalley, Allegheny County